Automated wordcount: 2285
This was file was automatically generated by a google docs scraper, intended for use with e-reading devices. If you wish to have this removed from this list, email ra.llan.pcl+complaints @ gmail.com.

A Life of Confinement

Angel Bunny woke up to the sound of singing birds. He yawned, stretched himself and scratched his back.

“Just another day...” he thought to himself. His serious expression immediately began to show, as it always does. A well practiced face was always the most convincing. He was very good at the giving other ponies the impression of how snobbish he was. He didn’t want to be like the rest of the animals, all sunshine and rainbows. He wanted to feel unique, to be the polar opposite. The yin to their yang. How else would he be able to do this without being so unkind? And how else would he attract such attention without it?

He hopped outside and was greeted by the louder singing and the beautiful sun. The sun rested in the same place it always does, right above the tree, giving plenty of light to the ever bright day. A few clouds sat scattered throughout the skies, which only made the blue look even more perfect. He took in the scent of the welcoming garden, ripe with food of all flavors, shapes, and sizes. He really did love this garden, but always did his best to never show any sort of happy emotion. What he had now with her was far too perfect and any hint of his honest attitude might destroy that completely. He was always so cautious about how he acted, even to his best of friends. It was like a lie, a secret he could never reveal. It would upset the perfect balance of his very livelihood.

Just then he was approached by her. She trotted up, a gentle breeze tugging at her mane, advertising those beautiful, innocent and vivacious eyes. Her yellow coat only matched her hair, so silky...and smooth. Her face always had the most humble of expressions, the way her eyebrows drooped and her smile complimented how adorable she looked. He wondered if Fluttershy ever realized this. Maybe she was just showing off for him? Oh that thought was too much, he was her cute little fuzzy pet. And he enjoyed every minute of it.

“Oh, Angel Bunny! I’m so happy you’re awake! I thought you would miss your breakfast!”

Every time she spoke his heart seemed to melt, like it seeped and soaked into his ribs. It almost hurt. Almost. But he had to maintain his complexion. Sometimes it was too much, his frown was overpowered and he let out a sheepish smile. He hated himself for being so weak, and her reaction to his warming up was all too expected. He couldn’t let it happen again and he wouldn’t. He simply would not allow himself to destroy his perfect life.

He waited for what seemed like eternity before she finally slowed down to a complete stop, a carrot resting between her teeth.

“Here’s your breakfast, Angel Bunny! You should start right away, or you’ll get hungry tonight like you did last time.”

He looked at it and began to take a few bites. It was delicious, no doubt. Ponyville always had the greatest vegetables, and Fluttershy wasted no time giving him top of the line produce.

He ate it without complaining. He was hungry today, unlike the other times when he had been full before breakfast. Last time he ignored the rest of his meal he kicked it off, doing his best to show he wasn’t interested. Even something as simple as denying his food was a carefully thought out plan that he had rehearsed and performed so many times. There was no call for it today, though.

“Oh Angel Bunny, I’m so happy to see you’re eating. It’s always nice when you finish your breakfast.”

He looked up with an expression of disapproval on his face, as if he was being interrupted from doing something important.

“I’ll just leave you to your meal, then.” and she trotted off in the other direction after giving him a cute nudge with her nose.

He finished his meal alone.

The rest of the day played out like any other one. He went by the creek with some of his other friends, enjoyed the cool water and the gentle breezes. The relaxation and love of doing nothing simply enveloped him. And to top it all off his favorite pony was there to nurture him with hugs and cuddles.

The sun began to set and he waved goodbye to his woodland friends before heading off to his home. Just like every other evening, Fluttershy was there to tuck him and kiss him goodnight. This was his favorite part of the day, sort of ironic how it took place right before he went to sleep.

“But that’s love right? It never really makes sense.” he thought to himself.

“Angel Bunny, are you ready for some wonderful dreams tonight?” Fluttershy timidly asked as she pulled the covers over him.

He just stared at her with a frown, trying his best not to leap into her arms, or give her big a kiss. He just closed his eyes, the scent of her perfectly applied perfume filling his nostrils, and the sound of her light breathing filling his ears. This was the closest he would ever get to her, he loved it and hated it at the same time.

“Good night, Angel Bunny.” and she kissed him with the most tender lips imaginable before quietly walking out of his little home.

He faced the wall, it was always darker there, and went to sleep.

                *                *                *                *                *                *

He awoke to the sound of thunder. It startled him, and an invisible hand seemed to shove him off his small bed and directly on to the cold, hard floor. It took a brief moment for his senses to wake up, but his mind was still a blur from this rude intrusion on his slumber. He wasn’t used to being woken up by any outside influence, and it only added to his morning grogginess. After his mind had taken a few moments to connect with his surroundings he began to notice the sound of rain from outside. He glanced outwards only to be met with dim light, as if the sun had lost itself to a battle with thick rain clouds. It was definitely day, but it was dark. And cold. And wet.

Bending his back to stretch out his legs, he yawned and felt his muscles loosen up from their most recent inactivity. He hopped to the entrance of his little home and wondered what Fluttershy was planning. Would she still deliver his morning snack? Or would he fend for himself today? He couldn’t keep himself inside his home, not seeing her for a day had taken quite a toll on him before, and it was almost too painful to think about. His latest memory he had of that experience was when she went up a mountain with her pony friends to try and deal with that dragon in the cave. The thoughts of her and the dangerous journey terrified him, and the baby dragon had only added to his stress which only made him particularly feisty and rebellious.

How happy he was when she returned safely. And how proud he was when he heard of how she talked down that massive beast and saved Ponyville...

He snapped back to reality as another boom of thunder echoed overhead, and his daydreaming instantly left him. He wasn't exactly scared, but something that sounded so demanding did put him on edge.

He would not let this squander his journey through the garden to find some of those delicious carrots. And he didn't. He hopped with pride and determination out of his small home and down the ramp before immediately becoming drenched. Already the water was sinking into his coat and touched his skin ever so slightly, but his exaggerated response made it clear he needed to find Fluttershy fast, and he was going to miss his breakfast. He sighed and hopped as fast as his legs would take him to Fluttershy's small cottage, where he would be greeted with warmth, comfort and of course the pony he cared so deeply for. A little rain wasn't going to stop him.

Eventually he reached her cottage and hopped onto the windowsill, eagerly scanning what he could of any sign of her. Sure enough, Fluttershy walked from her kitchen carrying two hot bowls of what appeared to be soup. Had she known all along he would show up? Was he making his feelings for her too obvious? He started doubting his previous plan, his heart started beating quickly at the thought of her knowing his true self and why he acted the way he did. It was a mixture of hope and fear, but both these emotions were triumphed by his sheer nervousness. How would she feel about it? Would he ever be treated the same way again? What about his friends? What would Ponyville think?

Once more his wandering mind left it's trance and he was again looking through the window. What he saw next was surprising and confusing and his drive to understand kept him utterly focused on this new scenario.

Sitting on the couch next to a small table was Twilight Sparkle. He saw Fluttershy put down one of the bowls in front of her and the other in front of the purple unicorn. His large ears made it easy to pick up the conversation.

"So do you think this is a good idea, Fluttershy?" Twilight asked with a nervous tone, and took a spoonful of soup.

"Oh Twilight, I really don't like living in secret like this. It's just like when I was a model, I wasn't comfortable with any of it. I was miserable the whole time. It's time we faced this barrier, and we'll do it together." Fluttershy said, with a stern voice. Somehow she managed to keep that uncertain and innocent tone, that Twilight admired so much.

Twilight gave a very soft smile, feeling reassured by her companion. They had been secretly meeting for two weeks now, and somehow she was still surprised about how convincing Fluttershy could be when she wanted to.

Twilight giggled.

"I'm still getting used to your more assertive side." Twilight blushed as she said that. "I think it's really cute."

Fluttershy got up from her chair and sat down next to Twilight. She tucked her head into her neck and gave it a soft kiss before enjoying the embrace of Twilight's arms holding her close. Now it was Fluttershy's turn to blush.

Twilight closed her eyes, savoring the smell of Fluttershy's mane and the warmth of their bodies.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Twilight said in a most relaxed voice. She believed it, too. They could face anything together, and they were confident they could pull through.

Angel Bunny became infuriated. He could feel his anger, his sadness, and her betrayal swell up inside him. He was going to put a stop to this, a testament to how strong the relationship of Fluttershy and Twilight really was. He was going to make her his again, even if it meant drastic measures.

He opened the windowsill and hopped down onto the floor before sprinting at Twilight. Both were taken by surprise and gasped, not sure how to react to Angel Bunny bursting through the window with the most violent look on his face. He jumped onto Twilight's head and tried kicking it with his tiny little foot, he had done it once with that dragon, and it proved to be somewhat of a powerful gesture.

His imagination and adrenaline started to take hold of him. He felt like his foot was a jackhammer, pounding through bone and flesh, ridding the world of Twilight Sparkle forever. It was her punishment.

"Angel Bunny!"

Fluttershy's voice broke his train of thought. He looked down to inspect the damage he had done, but to his dismay he could see Twilight only held a confused expression. It became obvious his small size wouldn't be enough to get rid of her. He needed to invent a better method. One that was sure to work. He looked at Fluttershy, wanting to scream and curse, make his rage a part of who he was. He wanted it to fuel him, he wanted it to guide him to make himself known to her. He glanced at Fluttershy, who only giggled at him.

"Oh Angel Bunny, you need to relax. Me and Twilight are together now, and the day after tomorrow we're going to finally show all of Ponyville."

"It'll be a big step forward." Twilight added, giggling at the energetic little rabbit. Fluttershy and Twilight looked at each other and touched noses, smiling while they did it.

He hated Twilight. He hated everything about her. He hated how she could show her feelings for Fluttershy and he couldn't. He hated how closed he had to be to simply be part of Fluttershy's life. He hated her for destroying everything he had worked so hard for. And in one instant it was now ruined. His life would be completely empty without Fluttershy.

He could feel his eyes starting to water, but he wouldn't give Twilight the satisfaction. He wouldn't let her be proven right.

He dashed out the window, his anger adding to his speed. He bolted down the empty roads, rain and wind bellowing against him but he kept pressing forward. It was only when he noticed a poster on the wall that he paused, his mind suddenly sparked with ideas.

Come one, come all! Come see the Great and Powerful Trixie!

A show that won't be forgotten, a show that will impress and stun.

A show that will defy the very rules of magic!

That was it. Angel Bunny knew what he had to do. All he had to do was wait till tomorrow to gather everything he needed and then show Ponyville a night they would never forget.